|Language:||English • français • italiano • português • español|
The IORGait analysis reports gait measures as a percent of stance (from foot strike to foot off). If a foot strike is identified poorly, this will make it difficult to interpret your results.
IORGait can automatically identify foot strikes, however since everyone walks differently, it needs some help. IORGait will identify kinetic foot strikes (foot strikes on a force platform), and then use that information to identify all other foot strikes in the trial (foot strikes not on a force platform).
To properly identify kinetic foot strikes, the user must help identify the clean foot strikes in a trial. The user can identify clean foot strikes using the GUI which will pop up automatically after the "Generate Report" button has been clicked.
Verify Force Assignments Dialog
Force assignments must be manually checked for the left and right foot. "Bad" force assignments should be removed, and only "good" force assignments should remain at the end of this step.
Using the 3D viewer
This tutorial describes how to use the dialog to modify force assignments, however, in order to use this dialog to it's full potential, the GUI features should be reviewed here.
To Modify Force Assignments
1. Select the FORCE_VERTICAL from the drop down menu
2. Select the first C3D file in your workspace
3. Select a signal on the Left Foot graph on the top right
4. Determine if this is a clean foot strike using the 3D viewer
5. Modify Force Assignment
NOTE: Assignments can be restored using the "Restore" button (will restore all assignments in the active C3D file) or right click on a single gray signal to restore a single assignment.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for all signals on the Left Foot graph
7. Select a signal on the Right Foot graph on the bottom right
8. Determine if this is a clean foot strike
9. Modify Force Assignment
- 1. If a good foot strike:
- Select another signal
- 2. If a bad foot strike:
- Right click on the signal
- The signal will turn gray
10. Once all signals on the Left Foot and Right Foot graphs have been assessed, complete steps 2 through 9 but select each C3D file in your workspace.