|Language:||English • français • italiano • português • español|
The CMO Library can be used to handle large data sets. This can be used to create a normal database for comparisons, or to process data across multiple subjects.
The CMO Library opens the CMX file. The CMX file does not contain the model specific information, which means that the static subject C3D and model template is not loaded into the workspace along with the KINETIC_KINEMATIC folder.
The processed information is stored in the CMX file:
The important thing to realize is that since the model based information is not stored in the CMX file, the user will need to calculate all LINK_MODEL_BASED signals (kinematics and kinetics) prior to loading the CMO Library. After these signals have been created, the user can load the CMO Library and do further processing on kinematics and kinetics.
Using the CMO Library
Load the CMO Library
To load the CMO Library:
1. Set the CMO Library Path by going to CMO Library -> Set CMO Library Path
2. Catalog the CMO files by going to CMO Library -> Maintenance -> Catalog CMO Files
3. Browse the CMO Library by going to CMO Library -> Browse CMO Library
The CMO Library will be loaded into the workspace. The files will be highlighted in a purple color (in a regular CMO file, the files are highlighted in blue, grey, & pink).
The Active File selection in the CMO Library is one of the most important features.
Although any command can be run on the CMO Library, for the following example, the affect of running the METRIC_MEAN command on each of the active files will be explained.
While creating the CMO_Files, the maximum knee flexion during swing was calculated using the Metric_Maximum command. In each file there are at least two instances of maximum knee flexion.
After loading the CMO Library with multiple subject's CMO files, the average knee flexion is being calculated. The affect of selecting different Active Files is explained:
1. Individual C3D file -
- If METRIC_MEAN is run on a specific C3D file, the result value will be the average knee flexion for that trial. If Generate Global Mean and STDDev is checked, the average value for the specified trial will be created in the GLOBAL workspace.
2. EACH_CMO_WORKSPACE -
- If METRIC_MEAN is run on EACH_CMO_WORKSPACE, the average of each individual trial will be calculated. If Generate Global Mean and STDDev is checked, the average value for each CMO file for each of the trials will be averaged and stored in the GLOBAL workspace.
3. TAGs -
- If METRIC_MEAN is calculated on a group of file tags, the average of each individual trial will be calculated. If Generate Global Mean and STDDev is checked, the average value for each of the tagged trials will be averaged and stored in the GLOBAL workspace.
4. GLOBAL -
- The average values calculated while using the CMO Library will be stored here. These metrics should represent the average across multiple CMO files.
5. ALL_CMO_GLOBALS -
- Any global metrics calculated when creating the CMO file will be stored here. When in the library, calculating metrics when EACH_CMO_WORKSPACE is active will also result in average values being calculated here. These metrics should represent the average across multiple trials within a CMO file.