New in Visual3Dv6
Visual3D v6 contains more changes than any other Visual3D release. The new file format (CMZ) saves link-model data so large files will open much faster, without the need for a model recalc. With the new 64 bit version of Visual3D along with multithreading, processing time will be significantly reduced.
NOTE: plug-in modules, real-time, and MatLab support are ONLY 32-bit compatible. The 64-bit version will allow for better use of memory, but does not support exporting to MatLab or some real-time functionality. Install the 32-bit version for full compatibility.
Although there have been many enhancements to Visual3D, below is an outline of just some of the new features and new commands.
- A 64 Bit version of Visual3D
- This will resolve issues for users with large CMO's that often hit the "Out of Memory" error
- C3D files are processed simultaneously for much faster processing times
- New CMZ file format for saving files
- Faster file open times
- Library Enhancements:
- Segment animation
- Ability to create new Link Model Based items
- Performance enhancements for faster model building and IK computations times
- Incorporate CalTester+ force platform corner location into Visual3D
- Inverse Kinematics Enhancements:
- Motion Constraints
- Boundary Conditions
- Support for 4K monitors
- New toolbar icons
- Enhanced graphs with smoother lines
- Will also fix print to PDF issues for some users when printing dotted lines
- Color coded text editor for the pipeline
- Modeless dialogs for:
- Force Assignments
- Force Platform Parameters
- The Query function was added to the Reports
- Copy Landmark button
At this time Matlab commands are only available in the 32 bit version of Visual3D. This will be changing soon.
For a sample reading the Visual3D text file into Matlab, see here.